With Chris Singleton out for the rest of the year for the ‘Noles, their starting lineup lacks something… (more…)
Man, if Carolina loses one more player, they’re going to have to start recruiting fans from the stands to suit up. “Would the lucky person sitting in Section 110, Row U, seat 8, come on down!”
The athletic department just announced that Bullock tore his lateral meniscus in the Maryland game and will undergo surgery. He’s out until the fall.
This appears to be the same knee he hurt in high school, so all around, not good news.
We were thinking the other day about some of the similarities between this year’s team and 1997. That team started out 0-3 in the conference and looked to be just muddling along. Until Dean Smith inserted a freshman point guard into the starting lineup – Eduardo Enrique Cota. From that moment on, the Heels came together and won 18 in a row all the way to the Final Four.
And it case you forgot how good Ed Cota was, peep this:
To quote Pink Floyd, run like hell!
Check out this amazing stat. When the Heels get 10 or more fast break points in a game this season, they’re 11-0. Even last year when the team stunk up the court, Carolina was 13-2 when scoring 10 or more points on the break.
So basically the team needs to make like the Road Runner and keep tearing up the hardwood. With Kendall Marshall at the helm, getting easy buckets sure seems a lot easier. His head-ahead passes have already become his signature, and they lead to a couple baskets per game.
- The announcers noted that Roy Williams was angry after Strickland’s skywalking dunk attempt on the fast break, but we’ll take that aggressiveness over a missed lay up from two feet any day of the week.
- Gary Williams is a very sweaty man.
- Is anybody else worried about Carolina’s ability to close out games? We’ve let some teams back in it at the end of games recently and almost did the same with Maryland.
- Why would any opponent dare and try to take it one on one against Henson anymore? They’re just going to end up looking stupid.
- On that note, here’s hoping Henson’s on-court trash talking continues. We like to see a little fire out of the usually laid-back big man.
- Leslie McDonald and Reggie Bullock shoot it basically every time they touch. With McDonald, we’ll take it. With Bullock, not to much.