- There was NO WAY that was a charge. Dexter picking up 3 quick fouls definitely changed the way we played in the early going.
- Yep. It’s official. We have no answer for Nolan Smith at either end of the floor.
- It is no excuse, but the Heels looked tired. Mentally and physically.
- It is no excuse, but the Heels are inexperienced. Roy said it himself after the game: Experience and talent beat only talent. We’ll get there, it just takes time.
- As much as it pains us to say it, the dookies just wanted it more. No where was this clearer than a view of the sidelines as the game was ending when those punks from Durham (nee New Jersey) were jumping around like a little girl who just received her first EasyBake Oven on Christmas morning.
While there were many ugly stats put up by the Tar Heels in this game, it is a combination of numbers from the dookies that tell the story. (more…)
Ian Williams, author of the Daily Tar Heel’s most famous anti-Dook column of all time, joins us to discuss the ACC tournament and the March Madness going forward. Also, we’ve got a multiple choice quiz on UNC’s first-round opponent, the obscure Long Island University, and Ian pinch hits with a special Dook sucks installment that proves everyone hates the Blue Devils — even one-year-olds. Ian’s blog is www.xtcian.com
- Who was that dude sitting behind the Clemson bench that looked like John Bolton? He was there against Miami too.
- Why didn’t Harrison Barnes shoot more? And by more, we mean every single possession? He could not miss.
- Clemson was clearly keyed on shutting down Kendall Marshall, who had 18 points last meeting. We’re a different team when he’s locked up. I nearly felt more comfortable in the first half when Dex was running point. Nearly.
- Barnes was so in the zone that he ceased to even get excited. Very little fist pumping or chest slapping. It was like another level above emotion where he just stared coldly into the distance.
- Marshall shot 11 times, Strickland twice. Discuss.
- Why hasn’t Clemson won more games? Or do they only play well against us?
Another game in the ACC tourney, another heart attack. As a fan, I may be dead if this continues tomorrow. But clearly the story of this game (more…)