Here’s hoping 2015 is a good year for everyone. If you haven’t noticed, it’s a bit slow around here for the holidays. Your normal service should resume shortly.
Here are the stats Andy mentioned from Episode 106:
In this week’s episode, Reed and Andy come to terms with the Kentucky loss, worry about whether it’s ok to worry about Marcus Paige and look ahead to the next few key games. Andy lays out a statistic-laden breakdown of recruiting during the Roy Era to try and figure out why our talent seems to be a bit down. Duke Sucks includes a Plumlee a transfer and a letter that no one will read.
Reed and Andy discuss the Battle for Atlantis and what it will mean for UNC going forward. Who knew that rebounding would be such a problem for this year’s team? Will Nate Britt and Justin Jackson continue to hit the three consistently? Football rivals play for some sort of prize, why don’t we do the same in basketball? The Duke Sucks segment peeks at the pages of Dickie V’s new book.
This week, Reed and Andy break down the Davidson game including the spirited play of Mr. Meeks. How much should we expect from Marcus Paige at this point in the season. There are lots of things to be thankful for at this time of year, we name a few. There’s big news in the Duke Sucks segment along with a broken chair.
Yep, a mock draft for next summer is already up at Draft Express, and it’s that exciting mix of solid guesses mixed with wild speculation that we love. One interesting point: the highest charting Carolina player is Brice Johnson at #24. Marcus Paige checks in at #34. As with most things in the NBA, this seems to be about potential. Johnson is rapidly gaining weight and he’s pretty athletic and has a soft touch for a big man. If he shores up a few skills (defense, anyone?), he could be a pretty good NBA player one day. Maybe the knock on Paige is that he’s not dominant enough or he’s too small. Who knows?
Meanwhile, all three Dook freshmen are set to go in the top 20. Scary.
- It was a little hard noticing things when the online stream was unceremoniously cut off. Bastuds.
- Kennedy Meeks is a monster. It’s gonna be real interesting to see if he’s even close to this dominant against better teams with bigger players.
- Free throws continue to be a problem. Here’s hoping the team can get up above 70% before the conference season starts.
- After Roy challenged Tokoto to get more offensive boards, he grabbed 2. Not bad, not great.
- Brice Johnson fouled out? Luckily, the Heels have major depth when it comes to big men.
- It’s still really early, but it’s looking likely that Paige won’t lead the team in scoring this season. Which is probably a good thing. Nice that the team has other options and doesn’t depend solely on Paige.
- Justin Jackson really stuffs the stat sheet. And he’s incredibly efficient.
- The Davidson coach looks like a villain out of a 1980s comedy. He’s the stuck-up guy at the country club giving Rodney Dangerfield a hard time, or the dean at the college trying to crack down on the frat.