- After two straight subpar outings, the Heels clearly came to play for this one.
- This was probably among the most stressful games in recent UNC history. Ulcer.
- Truly inspired play by Paige, McAdoo and Johnson.
- Four months ago, if someone had told you a tournament game would come down to McAdoo at the line, you would have fainted.
- Providence was such an annoying one-man team.
- I don’t think I saw a single pundit who picked Carolina to win this one. Roll on back behind your desks, “experts.”
- Great to see Meeks return to form.
- Tokoto had some really beautiful assists. Much credit to him.
- Should we discuss the Providence coach’s hair? No? OK.
Here’s Coach K drawing a T for throwing his pen during the ACC tournament final. He later said he had no idea why got hit with the tech and said the call was “shameful” and “ridiculous.” He also said throwing the pen wasn’t a reaction to anything. Except that you can see him arguing with the ref, staring him down, then throwing the pen.
It would probably be best to never talk about that ACC tournament performance again, but we can’t help ourselves. We also look ahead to the Big Dance. Can Carolina squeak past higher seeds and make it to the Sweet 16? Seeing as how we know nothing about first opponent Providence, we’ve got a quiz. Finally in the Duke Sucks segment, we return to something we overlooked last week that has helped Andy decide upon his least favorite Dookie.
- If that game had ended with 7 minutes left in the second half, it would have ranked as one of the most lifeless, embarrassing outings in the history of UNC basketball.
- What is there even to say?
- Killed on the boards.
- No energy.
- No toughness.
- Awful foul shooting.
- Kennedy Meeks: nothing.
- Leslie McDonald: nothing.
- Officating: awful.
- Great effort at the end, but that couldn’t overcome the awfulness that was the first 33 minutes.
- This really does not bode well for the NCAA tournament. The team had better get back on track in a hurry and find someone else besides Paige who can score on a consistent basis, or they’re going to lose in the first game.
With a detailed analysis not seen since the parsing of the Zapruder film, correspondent Ian Williams has watched game film from Carolina’s win over Dook at the Dean Dome last month and isolated Andy, who just happened to have prime seats on the lower level. You can just about see him soil his pants in screen grab 3.
This turned out to be the all-Duke episode, less by planning and more through necessity. We take a look back at the Duke loss and we also get a report from correspodent Ian Williams, who managed to see the game at the Cameron and somehow made it out without being attacked by Speedo Man. In the official Duke Sucks segment, we round up 5 things — 5! — that are annoying us about the Blue Devils this week.